“A boy makes his girl jealous of other woman.
A gentleman makes other women jealous of his girl”.
Being a Gentleman totally wins especially when it comes to your love life, and it all comes down to this: If you want to feel like a king – treat her like a queen.
Your woman can do it all by herself from opening doors to paying the bill, but she allows you to take charge, and you do it because you want to and not because you have to. Not because you want to impress her tonight or because you expect something in return, but because you are THAT kind of man.
It’s about being sensitive enough to know when to lead and when to let go. It’s all about her experience and how she feels. It’s never about controlling but about leading with respect and attentiveness:
Make her feel Comfortable
- Be attentive: Is she having a good time? is she cold? does she have a drink? does she need a hand with something? Make sure she feels great when she’s with you.
- Respect her boundaries: Don’t be pushy and always give her an option to excuse herself from a situation at any point without judging her. Make sure she feels at ease when she’s with you and that she doesn’t feel forced to do anything she is not comfortable with.
Make her feel Important
- Listen: Is she upset? did she have a great day? does she need an advice? Referring to something she had said to you before will make her feel that you do listen to her. Extra credit right there.
- Compliment: Whether it’s her dress, her hair or something funny or clever she said, making her feel great about herself will make her feel that you notice her. Of course the compliment must be genuine and appropriate. Don’t overdo it.
- Be Tactful: Make her feel special, like she’s the only woman in the room, that she has no competition. Anything that may imply that you look at or think of other women in a sexual context is a very douchey thing to do. Keep such thoughts to yourself. When she’s with you be kind to other women in a non-sexual way.
Make her feel like a Lady
- On the way: When walking with her down the street, walk on the outside part of the curb, protecting her from oncoming traffic. Slow down and walk at her pace. Offering your arm or holding her hand will give you an instant credit for showing some PDA.
The world is more threatening to girls so especially at night, but not only, offer to walk her to her door or her car to make sure she’s safe.
- Arriving: When entering or exiting a place, let her go first: open the door and hold it open for her. When she is about to get in the car, if you are standing close enough and can effortlessly reach for the door, open it for her. Don’t make a big deal out of it or it may feel phony and awkward.
- Paying: During the early dating stage always pick up the check, without making a big deal about it. Read more about when you should let her pay or go dutch in Paying Etiquette.